77mm Black Pro-Mist 1/4 Filter Special Effects Filter Ultra-Clear Multi-layer Coated With Waterproof Scratch-Resistant and Anti-Reflection Nano-X Series
- Free Shipping. 30 Day No Reason Return. k&f black Pro-Mist 1/4 Filter feature Extraordinary Performance on Filter Coating, Premium Material Optical Glass, Ultra Slim & Sturdy Frame.
- SKU: KF01.1483
- 64.99 https://www.kentfaith.co.uk/KF01.1483_kf-nano-x-77mm-black-pro-mist-1-4-filter-，waterproof-and-scratch-resistant-green-coated
- * 【Professional Filter for Portrait Photography】 This K&F Concept black soft Pro-Mist 1/4 Filter could soften the wrinkles, freckles and pores of facial skin, making it more delicate, plump and gorgeous. The hazy film effect can be better realized, showing dreamily film effect. In order to ensure the ultra-high definition image quality, the double polishing process is adopted to ensure the high definition within 550mm focal length.Reconmending use it in video shooting.Photography Gear for Vale
- * 【28 Multi-Layer Coatings】 After optical grinding, the glass filter is coated with high-tech film. waterproof, scratch resistant and oil proof. It has the characteristics of hard scraping without any influence on the image quality. Even if it is contaminated with water droplets or oil, which can be easily removed and cleaned.
- * 【Import Optical AGC Glass】 K&F Concept black cine diffusion filter Made by Germany high precision optical glass, duel multi coats for extra transparency to 84% Transmittance, effectively reduce reflection of smooth surface,no vignetts and shadows.
- * 【Ultra Slim Frame】 With Aviation grade aluminum,the width of frame measures only 3.3mm, ultra slim frame no dark corners and vignetting on wide angle and long focal lens. CNC system provides exquisite curve on frame,extra friction and antiskid.
- * 【Note】This black soft Pro-Mist 1/4 Filter is compatible with all 77mm lenses. Please verify your camera's lens thread size before ordering. Your camera's lens thread size will be marked somewhere on the lens barrel or printed underneath your lens cap. This number is always preceded by a "ø" (diameter) symbol.
Unsure your lens size ? check here
• The surface high-tech film is waterproof, scratch-resistant, and oil-proof, protects the black diffusion filter from all around, and extends the service life.
• Imported Japanese AGC optical glass with double-side polishing technology ensures high definite image quality.
• Soften wrinkles, blemishes, and pores while maintaining skin tone values, making wrinkles less noticeable.
• Creates a soft quality of light and pastel effect, delicate and hazy cinematic effect, provides a soothing effect on skin tones.
• Uses the K&F Concept nanometer coating process to protect the filter effect between two pieces of glass, dosen't affect image quality.
|Rating||96 reviews.||25 reviews.||38 reviews.||119 reviews.||21 reviews.||81 reviews.||9 reviews.|
|Price||£139.99 £64.99||£69.99 £35.99||£75.99||£119.99 £53.99||£139.99 £75.99||£119.99 £54.99||£129.99 £59.99|
|Japanese AGC Glass||Japanese AGC Glass||Japanese AGC Glass||Japanese AGC Glass||Japanese AGC Glass||Japanese AGC Glass||Japanese AGC Glass|
|Nano-X series||Nano-X series||Nano-X series||Nano-X series||Nano-X series||Nano-X series||Nano-X series|
|Video Shooting/Potrait Photograhy||Landscape Photography||Video Shooting/ Landscape& Potrait Photograhy||Video Shooting/Landscape Photograhy||Video Shooting/Landscape Photograhy||Video Shooting/Potrait Photograhy||Video Shooting/Landscape Photograhy|
|Soft highlight||Light reduction effect||Soft highlight/No X cross/Light reduction effect||No X cross/Light reduction effect||1 Second Switch/Soft highlight||Soft highlight||1 Second Switch/No X cross/Light reduction effect|
It is a filter designed for videos and to give a "vintage" touch to the final result.
In short: beautiful result even for photography. It is a useful filter for portraits or for landscape or storytelling reportage. You do not lose sharpness and you get a much less "shot" light that also expands in the shaded area.
It is a filter to be used in photography with large apertures and which "tells" an atmosphere.
But let's start from the beginning.
Packaging / handling: In addition to the plastic box, the filter is inserted in a very resistant and protective snap-on case. The filter is screw-type (rightly because it was created for videomakers and in any case up to a diameter of 82). I would have preferred a cardboard box. But the case that you can see in the photo (the round one) is very useful and sturdy. The filter is resistant and fits well to all the lenses to which I have mounted it.
It has no dominant details, so it leaves the colors similar to the photo taken without a filter. Great!
It does not lose light, there is no need to increase the ISO when it is mounted. Great!
The sharpness in the details (and here comes the beauty) remains almost unchanged. You DO NOT lose sharpness in the areas in focus even if I would not use it in ultra-defined landscape photography, but for a storytelling, outdoor or portrait set absolutely yes.
Autofocus is unaffected by the filter, at least not on the Nikon D750 with fixed lenses.
Usage / Effect: it is a filter that gives a “glow” effect to photos, very particular especially for videos and for portraits in harsh light or backlight.
The highlights are dimmed but without becoming dull, moreover the light "enters" the shadows, giving a very soft "glow" effect. Great for portraits or to give a more dreamy atmosphere, it removes clarity from the image in high contrast areas.
In the photos you can see a couple of unfiltered / filtered comparisons, two portrait photos set and what comes to you.
Result in short: it is a filter that you do not think can enter your kit, but when it does it has such a particular result that you would try it in any situation. A must try!
I can't post images of content i was paid for due to contractual reasons, but this is definitely a professional grade filter.
I noticed no image resolution degradation, no white balance issues, no vignetting or distortion when the filter was on.
It arrived on a rather large protecting case that i discarded right away and it was unwieldy, hard and larger than it needed to be, but i own a K&F filter pouch (shown on pictures, not included with the filter) that i use.
Despite not liking the carrying case, this is a GREAT Black Mist filter, it feels premium on your hands, mounting was smooth, it feels sturdy and while i did NOT test scratch resistance i trust K&F Concept products.
Great value for a premium filter, i would recommend it to anyone who is in the market for one.
The filter comes in a hard case that already differentiates it from low-end filters: it is comfortable to use and has a non-slip part with different notches for multiple filter sizes. The construction is excellent and can be seen immediately from the layer applied to the surface which is a professional tool.
If you are a photography geek like me, to give an effect similar to diffusion / glow, you have already tried things like petroleum jelly on the lens, stockings pulled on a filter or various films. Here this filter is anything but. It has a sneaky effect and does NOT degrade the image. The edges remain sharp while the colors seem to fade slightly inside the photo, restoring the quality that was had with the use of film: really nice! I bought it for photography in broad daylight, but surely one of its best applications is with lights at night where you can appreciate more this diffusion of color and brightness. Despite being an overused term, this filter lends an organic feel to digital photographic pulp. I would like to point out that it does not have a blatantly and vulgarly widespread effect, but visible without attracting attention. Highly recommended for videos too!
One of the results you get with a filter of this type is blooming of the highlights. This filter does quite a good job of that. Comparing the bloom to the Tiffen line I would say it falls between Tiffen's 1/2 and 1/4 strength with it being closer to the 1/4. The highlight fall of was strong but natural in my opinion. Keep in mind the light in the image fills the frame so you are seeing this particular effect of this filter at it's most extreme. You won't see that much blooming in a more natural setting. Take a look at the highlights on the camera. To me the K&F filter had a great effect on the highlight roll off which was very smooth.
The other effect you get with a black mist filter is the slightly reduced contrast and the slight softening of the shadows. To me I thought this filter did this quite well. If you look at the texture on the handle of the camera in the image you can see how it's just sort of softened that texture. Imagine shooting a person and you can imagine how much you would be able to smooth out the skin.
It also comes in a nice little screw together plastic case. Inside the case are these little rubber stopper than prevent the filter from sliding around in the case. I love the attention to detail here.
So compared to the Tiffen version of this lens at the size I got which was 82mm the K&F Black Mist is about $40 cheaper. I think you are getting a lot of value for your money here. I can't wait to try out this filter on some upcoming shoots.
I think K&F is making a move into higher end filters and if this filter is an example of the kind of quality they can produce, I can't wait to see what filter they release next.
The effect it gives is mainly marked when we frame light sources, creates the halo of light around the main source, whether it is the sun or an artificial light.
Great for giving a vintage and particular touch to your photos / videos
The Diffusion filter does exactly what it should do, no more or less. The filter gives tons more character to your digital images from your DSLR. The magic of the filter is that it causes the highlights (especially light sources) to quite literally glow. The effect adds a dreamy look of halation to the highlights, a common look of feature film styles. I have included a screengrab of a music video I shot using the filter.
In the box you get the diffusion filter, an adapter ring and the lens cap. All of these items are magnetic and snap right into each other. You simply screw the adapter ring into your lens thread and then you just snap the diffusion filter on within seconds you have the dreamy look you have been waiting for.
These images belong to K&F Concept end users.
|Filter Material||Japanese AGC Glass|
|Ring Material||Luchtvaart aluminium legering|
|zoom range||Video Shooting/Potrait Photograhy|